Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 6, 2009

Hey how is everything going? things are great over here in the African jungle. The work is great we now have 16 people on date for baptism. Yesterday we went to a wedding. Oh man it was the coolest one i have ever been too. The Guy getting married dressed in traditional zulu clothes and did there dance. I will send pictures. It was such a cool wedding though. My wedding is going to be a lot like that one. Any way thinking about weddings gets me trunky so ill change the subject. Now my sotho name is thabong, Every missionary gets a zulu or sotho name when they come into the area. Its pretty much the first one they come up with that's what you get. And One of the young woman called me Thabong. I was hoping for a Zulu name where i would get to click like Nqobile but oh well. Thabong is pretty cool. Dads chili was a great success. It tasted exactly how i remember it. Oh man it was really good. The other missionaries loved it too. I try to cook. Mostly i cook rice and some African gravy Pap and chicken now I'll be cooking a lot of chili. I am trying my hardest to learn zulu I hope i will be able to speak it really well when i leave. Every time it rains in Katlehong it flash floods. We had parked our car in the street and went and taught a lesson by the time we came out. Our car was half way under the water. Amazingly it still worked no water got in the engine but water got inside and it smelled really bad. It still does. We play soccer every morning for exercise and i rolled my ankle pretty bad. But ever since i rolled it that one time. They have healed really quick. we were teaching a guy named Khaya and we asked him how he was doing, reading the BoM and praying. He said he got his answer. Then he continued to describe what happened. Oh man the spirit was so strong. He said he heard someone talking but he didn't hear any voices. Telling him that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of the Lord. Those were his words. That's what you call a golden investigator. He hasn't missed church yet. I love this work, Thanks for everything that you do. Have a good week. Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment