Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 27, 2009

Hey everyone. Oh man it was great to hear from you all on Thursday. Calling is so awesome. IT helps me so much It makes me want to work harder. I get a little bit trunky but not to bad. Sure i miss you guys but as long as I'm working hard it's not too bad. Everything is going great. This week was both good and bad. Good because i got to talk to you guys, and bad because of a few things. Christmas was terrible. It was absolutely zero fun. We sat in the flat all day. Played cards and the other games that we had but to no avail. About 7 hours we were sitting around. The reason is that we didn't have a car. The zone leaders kept promising to bring it but they never came. Man it was boring. We also got transfer news on Saturday. My companion is leaving and I'm getting someone new. I have only been here six weeks and I don't know the area very well. Hopefully I will be okay. My new comp will be Elder Pania from Samoa. I'm pretty excited for that every one tells me that he is a pretty cool guy. I will miss Elder Rako though, We weren't together very long and we got along really well. The time is going by so fast. I have some kind of allergies here and its driving me crazy. I'm sneezing all the time. The other day we almost got struck by lighting. I've heard that Joburg and the surrounding areas is the worst place in the world for lighting. There are thunder storms all the time. But as we were walking to our flat behind us was this bright light, as I looked at it the sound hit us. Oh man it was so loud. Lighting struck a building right behind us. I stared right at the lightning it was so weird. It was cool too. We were walking around yesterday and started talking to this lady and i asked how here Christmas was, now these are her exact words. "Oh man it was great, I was so !@#$ing drunk like no body's business." Yeah it was terrible. Some of the people around here that's all they live for. Booze and breaking the law of chastity. Man its depressing. Anyway i love you all thanks for everything that you do. No i don't have my package yet hopefully i will get it today. Sala Kahla

No comments:

Post a Comment