Monday, October 19, 2009

September 13, 2009

Hey everyone, It's good to hear that everything is going good. Its about time you got those pictures. I was starting to worry. I’m actually very excited to make dinner for you guys. The cool thing about dinner here is that you eat it with your hands. Don’t worry I’ll teach you the techniques and stuff.
The week has been really good. Elder Ehrenzeller is helping me out a lot. He is a really good guy. We are doing a lot better in this area. We just have full days now lots of appointments. It’s so great. We have some baptisms coming up on the 27th. So I’m pretty excited for those. We also had 4 people to church the past 2 weeks. That hasn’t happened in a long time here in Tzaneen.
Mom thank you for the recipe I'm going to try it today I hope I can find all the stuff. I also would like your universal bread recipe, the one that you make breadsticks out of. That would be awesome. We had a few experiments the last couple of weeks. When we are bored on p days we always think of something interesting to cook. The first thing is we tried to make a cake from papaya. That was okay then we tried papaya cookies not so good. The other day I just got done making some fries. And Elder Ehrenzeller asked if I was done with the oil. “Hey lets fry some stuff”. So we did. We fried some bread which was really good. Then we sprinkled some garlic salt then it was even better. The other thing we fried was an apple. It was okay. I bet if we cover it with some kind of breading it would be better.
That would be really awesome if you could send me some motab choir cds. Or classical ones they are both good. Its hard to get music that is okay to listen to over here.
We got some free paintings from one of our investigators. She is a really old lonely Afrikaner. She really just wants someone to talk to. We couldn’t even get thru the first lesson but we ended up with some free paintings that are really good. One of them is a huge rhino that is running another is some kind of bird in the water. But they are really good. People love giving stuff to the missionaries.
We are currently driving a Toyota Yaris that is a terrible car. Don’t ever buy one. All it does is fall apart. All is does is give us trouble. It wastes a lot of our time and the lords money. Now the Chevrolet Aveo is a nice reliable car. If you ever need to buy a cheap car the Aveo is the way to go.
I cant remember If I told you this already or not I cant remember but last week we went to a place called strydom tunnel it’s a cool place where you can buy African stuff. I bought an eternal family Its six people holding hands its really cool. I cant wait to put that on the piano. Another thing was a walking stick with a lion head on it. It had all kinds of cool stuff. I hope that I can bring a lot of this stuff home. Well I love you all very much I miss you but not too bad. Keep up the good work.
Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment