Monday, October 19, 2009

October 18, 2009

Well it’s good to hear from you all. It is so good to get emails. This week has gone by really fast. I turned 8 months today. It’s really hot around here but thankfully we have had a little bit of rain. It’s really hard to get people to come to church. I don’t know why. Everyone promises to come but then for some reason or another they never show up.
We are staying really busy too. We come back to the flat every night totally bushed. It is so hard to get anything done at the post office. When you’re standing in line people just walk to the front and get what they want done. The people in line don’t care either. Finally I couldn’t stand it and told one guy “Hey the end of the line is over there” This was his reply, “Akasibe Selungu” (I don’t know English) what a liar, lol. Oh well I dealt with it and got out of there. I'm trying not to complain. So somewhere in our flat is a cockroach nest. It is probably somewhere in our room. Because every once and awhile we find a huge 2-3 inches long crawling around. The other day when we got back to our flat I saw one. And we were trying to decide how to kill it. It was on top of Elder Ehrenzellers laundry bag. He decided to shoot it with his wrist rocket. I’m not exaggerating when I say it exploded. Pieces flew everywhere. It was pretty awesome.
We taught a lesson to a guy named Jeffery on Thursday. He was pretty much crazy. But he said a phrase like 5 or 6 times and to this day I don’t know what it means. “We’ll see what fries the fish, if not oil.” It was so funny to hear him say. During the lesson he asked us to explain the word restoration to some other people that were there. He knew what it meant but he was sure no one else there did. So we asked him to explain the meaning. “I can’t because I don’t want them to think that I’m better than them so you have to do it.” That was fun.
Yesterday at our cottage meeting in motupa, we were going to pick someone up for church, I mean walk with someone. They didn’t show and we started back towards the house. And we realized that we were going to be late. So we started to run. Now if you’re an African living in a village far away from town, and you see 2 white guys in suits running through your village something is wrong, lol. We got all kinds of strange looks.
Anyway thanks for the prayers and the emails. I love you all, Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment