Saturday, July 4, 2009

June 8, 2009

Yeah I've been transfered. Before we drove up here we got to pick up our new car. A 2009 chevy aveo, automatic, built in cd player, its very nice. Then i had a 4 hour drive to Poloqwane. we stayed the night. Then we drove though some really cool mountains the next day for 2 hours then we got to our flat on Tzaneen. My new companion is Elder Kogo, he is from Kenya. He seems like a pretty cool guy. We seem to get a long very well. The work up here is not as good as it was in my last area. It's a town which is a lot harder to wrok in, the people are a lot more stuborn. I ordered a CTR ring with faith and courage written on it. I'm pretty excited to get it. I sure wish i had more time to write letters. So don't worry I haven't missed a day yet in my journal, and we can still email. If you would like you can send me some hamburger helper. One of the elders in my new flat has his mom send him all kinds of food like, stuffing, muffin mix all kinds of things like that. So i thought that you guys could help me out a little. So mac and cheese, and some hamburger helper would be awesome. Anyway I love you thanks for everything.

Faith and Honor. Benjamin

Hey Mom,

This place is awesome. Its like a jungle. The town where we work isnt that big I cant really tell you a population. But we also go out and teach in some of the villages. Now that is incredible. Yesterday we had a sacrement in someones house. It was me and Elder Kogo and 3 other people that was it. It is such a humbling feeling when you come from a ward of 250 people. The branch in Tzaneen is about 20 people. The branch pres is a good guy though. I'm very thankful to be out here, this is going to be a good area. Today we are going to hike to a huge waterfall. We are pretty much hiking through the jungle, I'm very excited. Dont worry I'll take lots of pictures. Well Mom i love you. I miss you all but its not too bad, if we stay busy the time flies. Anyway have a good day, Keep up the reading.
Love Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment