Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16, 2009

Well things are going good. I'm finally out of the MTC. I'm in the mission field now.

I'm fine in the field and it's awesome. I love the people here, they are so humble. I already care so much about them. When they don't keep commitments, man its really hard cause we can't continue to teach them. It all depends on how they do in there commitments.

Well my first companion in the field is Elder Redd. Hes from Sugar City Idaho, we are serving in Kagiso. It's a township in Gauteng South Africa. Its really cool.

What you said about the African people is more true than you know. Almost every house we tract they invite us in give us tea (don't worry the teas is okay to drink) and we teach a lesson. After we are done teaching they say "thanks but we have our own church" and that's that.

Other than that the food here is really good. I had a kota the other day. Its a quarter of a loaf of bread with french fries, bolagna, and cheese. Its not very healthy but it tastes really good.
For the most part I'm enjoying it. I wish the time would go faster though.

I just have to say, buying food for yourself and budgeting is really hard. I compliment you and mom for doing it so well. If you have any tips they would be very appreciated.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment