Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 17, 2009

Thomela Mama, Lagai? Ee shera linsula modimo. Kina bamissionaries.
How’s a little bit of Sepedi. The week has been okay, a lot of driving. I’ve never driven so much in my life. I drive about 100 miles a day. The Elders that work in Lenyenye broke their car so we have been having to drive them out to their area then picking them up again. I’m so sick of driving.
This week was the worst week I’ve had on mission stat wise. We work so hard but there aren’t any stats to show for it. It’s kinda of depressing because it looks like we are not working. Oh well Heavenly Father knows how hard we are trying.
We were street contacting the other day and this guy called us over to try and sell us something. It’s some herbal stuff. First of all he had no idea what he was talking about. "When your stomach is making noises this one will sweep out your stomach and make you feel better. "Just crazy stuff like that. He went through about 6 different pills and gets to one and then notices my badge." Oh, I can’t sell you this one. It’s for people who have girlfriends. No I can’t sell you this one." Well you can guess what it was for. It was really funny. After that I showed him a Book of Mormon and said this would do all that the pills would and more if he would just read it. Then I said " Except that one, That one is bad. Only after you’re married." He said he would read it. I hope he does. I don’t know… we had a good laugh.
We give out free DVDs to people who call a number on one of the pass-along cards. We are teaching a manager of a furniture store and I asked him if we could play the movie on one of their TV’s for sale. “So people can see how nice the TV. is and the sound, people could see and then they will buy it." I think I said something like that. He said it would be fine. So we left a stack of pass-along cards in the store. So when people asked what that movie was he would just point them to the cards. It has worked pretty well we have given out like 5 DVD’s. So the office is going to send us a box of them.
When you in a tough area you have to think of crazy ways to find people.
I guess I should say "ootaba ichagee lammasoalo" HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom and to Mike. Well I’m sorry I’m running out of time I only have 20 rand today, so I’ll see you later.
I turn 6 months old tomorrow. Weird huh? Time is going by fast. I love you all.
Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment